Six Ways To Prepare For Your First Bridal Appointment
Bridal gown shopping is one of the most exciting parts of the wedding planning process. The day comes with excitement, anticipation, and many other emotions. As you begin to plan your big day, you might not know where to start with choosing your wedding dress. That’s okay! We are here to give you tips as you prepare for your bridal appointment at Mia Grace Bridal.
1. Set a budget. This is one of the most important steps that sometimes gets overlooked. Know how much you want to spend before you begin your shopping experience. Keep in mind that accessories (veils, belts, etc.) and alterations are not part of the gown cost. Be upfront and honest with your consultant and state how much you want to spend.
2. Book your appointment 9-12 months ahead of time (if you can). We encourage our brides to purchase a gown at least 9 months before your wedding. Bridal designers can take 4-5 months to send us your gown, especially if you are getting customizations done. Bridal alterations can take a couple of months to complete depending on what alterations you will need. It is best to give seamstresses time to complete the necessary alterations.
3. Do your research. Start looking at what types of dresses you like! You can browse our website, Pinterest, Google, etc. and see what you are drawn to. Feel free to check out our recent blog post on bridal gown silhouettes. This will help you narrow down what styles you like.
4. Pick some keywords. Once you start to narrow down what you like, pay attention to the look and feel you are going for your overall wedding day. Do you want vintage? Elegant? Romantic? Boho? Knowing what keywords you are aiming for will help your consultant see your overall vision for the big day!
5. Add favorites to your portal. When you book your appointment at Mia Grace, you have access to your own portal. You can browse our inventory and “favorite” dresses that you like. We suggest adding 5-10 dresses you are interested in trying on. Your consultant gets an idea of the style you like and might be able to have a few of the dresses ready for you when you arrive.
6. Choose your bride tribe. This is an important step that sets the tone for your appointment. You should bring people who are uplifting and understand your style and wants. Shopping for your bridal gown is all about celebrating YOU! It is always best to bring people who bring positivity and good energy. **Check our guidelines to confirm how many party members you can bring regarding CDC and St. Louis County guidelines. See our full statement on how we are handling the COVID crisis here.**
Shopping for bridal gowns is an exciting day. At Mia Grace Bridal, we provide you with an intimate, individualized experience. We want each bride to feel beautiful and confident on their wedding day. We are excited to work with you and provide the perfect environment for your bridal experience.
Want to book an appointment? Click the below to set up a time to try on gowns for your special day!